Key areas of responsibility will include the sourcing of:
* Sourcing Managed Categories which includes Office Supplies (globally), Lucites, Printed Stationery etc as well as Corporate Information Management which includes Office Printers, offsite document storage, distribution, couriers etc. Experience in these categories is highly desirable. Other areas may include sourcing Facilities services and/or Multi Media equipment. Role can be shaped to experience of candidates.
* You will be working as part of a small, dynamic team, reporting to the global head of non-it sourcing also based in London.
* You will be responsible for raising the profile of the function through the engagement of key stakeholders, running sourcing projects and e-bids and drafting and negotiation of various agreements regionally and globally (supported by an in house Legal team).
* You will gain buy-in to new and exciting projects, through a combination of your consultative style and by highlighting recent successes. This approach will enable you to drive cost out of all areas of the business.
* Interfacing with a small team of experienced Procurement staff, you will be expected to find solutions and develop & implement purchasing strategies, policies and procedures in a "Best Practice" global environment, whilst continuing to identify new areas for purchasing to provide support and deliver value across of a range of projects.
* Technical competence to use RFP tools and to quickly learn to use a range of internal technologies (such as contract management and savings tracking systems) is absolutely essential as well as the ability to manage the day-to-day administration of the category. Report preparation and data analysis to support the global team on a variety of projects will form a key part of the role.
* Manage all day-to-day contractual and commercial requirements and issues arising within the areas of responsibility including, but not limited to, tender preparation, bid analysis, contract preparation and award, contract negotiation and administration, strategic vendor management and both internal external representation of the procurement function.
* Participate in annual Category Planning and attend monthly calls as key member of the Global Category team. Identify new purchasing opportunities and assist in the planning and development of sourcing strategies and ensure these are implemented across the US region, and where appropriate on a global basis.
* Maintain up-to-date commercial and contractual knowledge of the market place and methods adopted by peer group organisations to ensure that best practices are continually evaluated, developed and implemented across the Category and within the procurement group.
* Working either autonomously or closely with internal stakeholders to develop purchasing strategies and lead commercial negotiations with vendors - on a local, regional and global basis (where appropriate) - in an effort to develop strategic vendor relationships.
* Enhance the credibility of the function by working closely with internal customers whilst demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and commercial/legal expertise.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
* Educated to degree level as a minimum, and preferably be a member of the Institute of purchasing and Supply or equivalent.
* Must have extremely strong procurement experience (min 5 years)
* Experience in negotiating commercial and contractual terms.
* Is able to develop and manage internal relationships effectively at all levels. Experience of dealing effectively with senior executive management
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to enable effective communication at the most senior levels. Data analysis and presentation skills essential. Should have the ability to get things done efficiently in a complex, multi-level, multi-functional organization.
* Experience of using e-sourcing tools (ideally Ariba)
* Investment Banking experience preferred but not essential